Bendigo Foodshare could not function without volunteers.
Our service relies on volunteers to keep the service going. Here are some facts and figures about our volunteer team:
We have over 20 volunteers in our work force, their jobs are varied and many including:
- All the unloading of produce
- Stacking and packing of produce.
- Cleaning of the warehouse
- Stock rotation
- Deliveries across central Victoria.
- All stock is ordered by volunteers
- Volunteers rescue all food.
- Our board is made up of 7 volunteers who do all the planning, strategy, vision and provide guidance to the .4 Operations Manager.
- Administration team, made up of 3 part time volunteers, they complete all the ordering, registration of agencies, compliance with all regulations. Maintain data systems to report trends and amounts of produce.
- Our fundraising team who assist in all facets of fundraising, from developing data bases, through to setting up and managing Customer Relations Management systems.
Volunteers at Bendigo Foodshare come from a diverse range of backgrounds
- Some have worked in the transport industry
- Some have been heavy machinery operator’s
- Some have a trade background
- We have some retired engineers, bank managers, teachers, retired police.
- They are aged from 27yrs through to 73yrs
All love to be in the Foodshare team. It keeps them active and involved in their community
All have a clear purpose in being here: to provide food to those doing it tough in our community.
- Some work every day some do a couple of days every week
- We average about 700 volunteer hours every month.
The other major volunteering is provided by our many supporters
Bendigo Advertiser; who provide ongoing media advice and many items in the newspaper.
Viatek; who provide IT support
Also our many donors of food and services across central Victoria
Without our wonderful band of volunteers we would not exist.
If you come into Bendigo Foodshare make sure you say hello.