As a grassroots organisation, we rely on the generosity of a dedicated group of volunteers.
To staff the additional demands of a seven-day service, we’re asking community members to volunteer their time at our Long Gully warehouse on Saturdays or Sundays.
Our core group of existing volunteers are a hard-working bunch, and we are keen not to overload them with additional work.
So, we’re asking people to consider donating a few hours of their time each week to help with tasks such as collecting food from supermarkets and supplied, working in the warehouse and making deliveries.
In particular, we’re recruiting Food Rescue Delivery Jockeys for regular weekend shifts.
– Pick up food from supermarkets, shops and suppliers
– Load and unload orders into vans
– Organise deliveries in the warehouse
– Complete required paperwork
– Comply with safety requirements
– Good written and verbal communication skills
– Physically fit; able to lift and carry 15kg
– Friendly and able to well work in a team
– Be a brand ambassador for Bendigo Foodshare
– Must be aged 16+
– A current driver’s license would be an advantage but not essential
PLEASE NOTE: This is an unpaid volunteer role.
Register your interest at our Volunteer Information & Registration Night on October 8 at 5:30pm. Click here to attend.
If you can’t make it on the night, email our Operations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org