Help us reach our goal of 5,000kg of food donations.
How you can help
Please donate what you can in the yellow bins located at your local Coles, Woolworths, Aldi and IGA supermarkets in Bendigo.
ANY pantry / long-life items, but those most needed are:
- Pasta, rice and grains
- Canned vegetables
- Breakfast cereals
- Tinned Fruit
- Flour and sugar
- UHT Milk
- Coffee, tea and Milo
- Sauces and seasonings
- Tinned meat and fish
- Jam, peanut butter and Vegemite
- Cooking Oil
- Ready-made meal bases
Drop off your donations to us at 2/43 Havilah Road, Long Gully, any time from 8am-2pm Monday – Thursday.
Community Food Drive
Bring your community together; talk to your friends, family, co-workers and customers about our work.
Bendigo Foodshare run community food drives each June and November, with the assistance of local Coles, Woolworths, Aldi and IGA supermarkets.
Why a food drive?
Our figures estimate that last year over 30,000 people received food relief via Bendigo Foodshare and our community agencies across Central Victoria. That’s about 17% of the population, and these figures continue to rise.
- Many coming forward for help have never had to reach out before in their lives
- 1 in 3 people struggling to meet their food needs are new to the situation
- 64% of people experiencing food insecurity have a job
As demand has increased, this has put pressure on Bendigo Foodshare’s operations:
- Local donations have decreased by 46% since July 2020. Government support to purchase food during COVID helped, but this funding has ceased.
- Inflationary pressures, rising costs of fuel are increasing the costs of sourcing and distributing food.
Accessing donated long-life pantry food is tough for Bendigo Foodshare, and purchasing it is expensive. A successful food drive is to have our donation bins FULL with as much donated items as we can. At present we need around 5,000kg to help fulfil the needs of local agencies distributing food.
This is why your support to Bendigo Foodshare is more important than ever.
If you are able to get involved in our June Food Drive or make a tax-time donation, it would make a difference to those in our community doing it tough.